Open Office Hours

Options
Piper Essick
Piper Essick KBAdmin, MSA Posts: 388 admin
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Answer First Comment
edited February 2023 in Announcements #1

Just a reminder that every Thursday from 12-1pm, I host open office hours. RSVP here and pop in to ask questions and/or give feedback!

Comments

• Empish Thomas
    Empish Thomas MSA Posts: 18
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi, I tried to attend today and Teams was not working properly. Also, There were different times to attend. When I clicked on the calendar it gave me a 3pm and 6pm time slot. I chose the 3pm time slot but the email confirmation said 5pm. Well, I tried to go in at both times. When I went in at 3pm teams opened up but didn't move from the audio and video screen. I went out and came back at 5pm and now I can't get in at all. Teams just says loading and just sits there. So, what is the actual time? I am on the east coast. And is there another way to get in besides the link? Thanks for your help.

• Piper Essick
    Options

Hi @Empish Thomas I saw that you booked the 3pm pst time. You can book either 12pm pst or 3pm pst every Thursday. Would you like to private message me the issues that you wanted to discuss today?

• Empish Thomas
    Empish Thomas MSA Posts: 18
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Thanks forgetting back to me. Yes, I can private message you. Just give me the steps to do that.

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Empish Thomas You can click on my name and it will give you the option to message me 😊

• Sean Martin
    Sean Martin MSA Posts: 20
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Piper, thanks for hosting the office hours. That was very helpful. I did email you some details following the call - my email (sean@vindulge) sometimes gets into spam just in case.

• Piper Essick
    Options

Thanks @Sean Martin! I have your email but it takes a few days for me to compile everything from Office Hours and send it to appropriate teams to investigate, so I will get back to you soon!

• Ian Kennedy
    Ian Kennedy MSA Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #8
    Options

Hi @Piper Essick , I just booked some time tomorrow but will not be able to join until 12:30 your time (3:30 Eastern). Hope that's ok.

Ian Kennedy

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Ian Kennedy No worries, I will make sure to stay until then!

• Tonya Fitzpatrick
    Tonya Fitzpatrick MSA Posts: 62 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2023 #10
    Options

Hi @Piper Essick I look forward to joining you next week. Thank you for doing this.

• Ian Kennedy
    Ian Kennedy MSA Posts: 4
    Options

Hi @Piper Essick was looking forward to joining your next office hours but it keeps getting canceled?

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Ian Kennedy That is so odd, I heard from someone else that they received a cancellation notice too. Glad you still made it to Office Hours today but I will look into what happened because it was not cancelled.

• UPI News
    UPI News MSA Posts: 14
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

I also got a cancellation for today's Office Hours at 3pm.

• Piper Essick
    Options

@UPI News Office Hours are cancelled today but will resume next week!

• Hive Media Group
    Hive Media Group MSA Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Options

Hi Piper, we were waiting to join office hours and now see that they were canceled. We did get the email that the event was canceled; however, last week, we also got an email that it was canceled, but office hours did happen. We assumed the same today. In the future, is it possible to either fix this bug where we're told it's canceled when it's not or get an email from hellocreator@microsoft.com?

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Hive Media Group I am so sorry that you received an incorrect cancellation last week for office hours. I will look into why that happened, because that should not be happening. For the cancellation yesterday, I had an automated email send out when someone rsvped. Thanks for the feedback!

• Tina Grimsley
    Tina Grimsley MSA Posts: 6
    Options

Hi, I received a cancellation to this weeks office hours on Saturday. Do you know why that happened? Is it still happening. I'm hoping to get answers to a few of my questions. Thank you.. Tina

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Tina Grimsley It is not cancelled. I have heard from a couple partners that they receive cancellation notices. I have looked on my end and I can not figure out why that would be happening. If office hours is cancelled, you will receive a cancellation notice with a messaging explaining the reason for cancellation. Use the same invite for this week and you should be able to join on Thursday!

• Tina Grimsley
    Tina Grimsley MSA Posts: 6
    Options

thank you @Piper Essick last week I didn't do that, but I will this week. I just completely disappeared.

• Clever Rebel
    Clever Rebel MSA Posts: 4
    Options

Hi @Piper Essick , I'd like to become more active so I can better represent a number of partners. could you please add me at mattdevlieger@gmail.com ? Thanks.

• Mikkel
    Mikkel MSA Posts: 8
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Piper Essick are office hours still on hold?

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Clever Rebel @Mikkel Woodruff Office hours are still on hold but I am working on restructuring them and reopening in the next few weeks. Please ask any question in the forum or directly message me :)

• Mikkel
    Mikkel MSA Posts: 8
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Thanks!

• Franco Fernandez
    Franco Fernandez MSA Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Piper Essick For the new Office hours format, is this the thread where we should be posting our questions?