Check your emails!

Options
Piper Essick
Piper Essick KBAdmin, MSA Posts: 388 admin
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Answer First Comment
edited November 2022 in Announcements #1

On Friday, 11/11 the creator team emailed you all about a new challenge that we put together. Check your email for more info about this fun opportunity!

The creator team at Microsoft Start is launching a new creator challenge to bring diverse perspectives, like yours, on topics that matter to our readers. If you write an article based on one of our monthly themes, you can earn $50 just for posting! So, this is a great time to warm up those hands and start typing away!

November's Theme: Act of Giving

The article can be about spreading kindness, donating to charities, your favorite non-profits, ways to give back this year, and overall themes around generosity! 

Article submission link is in the email or access it here!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Comments

• Ashley Rollins
    Ashley Rollins MSA Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Options

Hi Piper! I swear that I dug through my email and couldn't find this email. But when I click the link above, it takes me to a Microsoft login screen and my credentials for the Start login aren't recognized at all -- not sure what other Microsoft login I might have -- Thank you so much!

• Chef Dennis Littley
    Options

I got the same thing, says I can't log in with a personal account

• andrea updyke
    andrea updyke MSA Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Thanks @Piper ! I didn't get the email. Is there an online version we can view?

• Zack Litchfield
    Zack Litchfield MSA Posts: 51 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Options

Same issue as those above. I didn't get an email about this program and the link doesn't allow me to sign in like normal.

On another note, love the idea behind the program and especially the first topic. Looking forward to contributing

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Zack @andrea @Chef Dennis @Ashley I updated the link in my message above! Also, looks like there was a tech issue that caused a delay on the email going out, so check your emails now!

• Ashley Rollins
    Ashley Rollins MSA Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Options

I got it ! Thank you!

• Zack Litchfield
    Options

@Piper I noticed in part of the email, it says the following: "The top performing articles will be featured on MSN’s social media channels on November 29, 2022."

I assume this is based on views the article gets between submission and a undetermined date? If so, how are submissions that are currently affected by incorrect categorization causing depressed views going to be considered?

Also, do we need to be featured to get the $50 or do all submitted and theme appropriate articles get paid out?

Thanks!

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Zack Great questions! All submitted and accepted articles will receive $50 😀 Based on engagement metrics of published articles through 11/27, we will choose the top performers to be featured on MSN's social media channels. Additionally, on 11/28 we will be placing all articles on various Microsoft Start’s enhanced discovery touchpoints for a boost of extra exposure for you.

Is your submitted article mis categorized?

• Zack Litchfield
    Options

@Piper It is miscategorized. If you see in the other thread, I've noticed something else weird where going to an article in the dashboard or from the analytics page takes you to the miscategorized page (which makes me believe that's what is being shown and pushed publicly)

However, going to my profile and the links in there are correct. Yet, I don't think those are the links being pushed out since the articles listed in analytics are for the wrong category

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Zack Could you send me the link to your article?

• Zack Litchfield
    Options

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/travel-charities-to-support-this-holiday-season/ar-AA14fcuz?ocid=windirect&item=flights:prg-tipsubsc-v1a&disableErrorRedirect=true&infiniteContentCount=0

• Amy Reiley
    Amy Reiley MSA Posts: 62 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I never got the email. Just seeing this now.

• Zack Litchfield
    Options

@Piper Just wanted to follow up and ask when we should expect to see the payouts from this program?

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Amy You may need to check your spam and add our alias to your contact list.

@Zack Payments are being submitted today for the theme challenge, an email went out this morning 😊

• Zack Litchfield
    Options

Yep! Saw the email this morning.

Do you have an idea when the theme for December will be announced? I love the creativity that this program brought for a post I'd never have thought about writing for November.

• Amy Reiley
    Amy Reiley MSA Posts: 62 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@Piper what is the email address? I can't find anything in spam.

• Piper Essick
    Options

@Amy The email came from hellocreator@microsoft.com. What is the email address that you signed up with? (you can privately message me)

• Nicole Brady
    Nicole Brady MSA Posts: 12
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Piper - Thank you for these continued challenges. It was fun to participate in last month!